Thursday, July 5, 2012

Saturday June 16th, 12:15-5:45 p.m.:

Fizzy Lifting Drink Stand: it is made out of 4 in diameter PVC  Pipe . The tallest pipe has a flange on it being used as  the fizzy lifting drink bottle. The three pipes are sitting atop a piece of wood I cut into a circular shape. Within the pipes, to secure them to the base is a small piece of wood (2x2). I screed the wood into the base first then aligned the pipes and pre-drilled those. Then I screwed in the pipes to the wood to secure them to the base so that it is one unit and not three separate ones. 
I was given the task of creating and building the fizzy lifting drink stand. I went to the scene shop to look for inspiration or something I could use. I found three metallic silver pipes with flanges. They inspired me a lot. I also found a small pedistall. I would use the pedistal because of the textured body of it. It mimicked a column. I would use that and take off the top and bottom and recreate it into a stand. For the pipes, I would use all three and make them various heights and on different planes. Jamie liked the pipe idea better. So what I did was go and get a ten foot, four inch diameter pipe from the hardware store. And I didn't think that it wouldn't fit in my car when I went to go get it, so I walked it back to the theater. I cut the pipe in four sections and used three sections of it and one flange. The tallest one had the flange on it and a section of the back was cut out of it for lighting purposes. Then, I cut out a piece of wood for the base of the three. I constructed it with very little assistance. Each pipe is well secured on the wood which is good for moving purposes and also each one holds a glass bottle. The tallest pipe holds a tall glass bottle that looks old. The middle height holds a smaller glass bottle that has rings around it. The shortest one will hold a bottle. I have not yet seen that one.

2 comments:

  1. Photo? I'm having trouble visualizing what you actually created... Can you describe what kind of pipe your bought at the hardware store, how you cut it, and what it ended up looking like????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pipe is a 10 foot 4 in diameter PVC pipe. I used a table saw to cut the pipes. Combined the pipes are 5ft long. The tallest one is 25in, then 19in, and then 14in.

    ReplyDelete