Thursday, July 5, 2012

June 24th, 1-4 p.m.:

kids came to paint




costume/make-up room aka Green Room

Jolie - Costume Mistress

Oompa Pants 

Squirrel Tail Material. I cut out the flat large pieces that are the main base of the tails. 
Squirrel Tail in Action

Grandpa's Gown

Candy Man vest












At 1:30 p.m. kids are supposed to come in to help paint the set. I showed up and then little kids started coming. I had them start painting the ramps grey until Kate showed up. Kate showed up and had the kids start painting the boxes. Each box has purple, green, and orange on it. Before they painted it, me and Kate discussed how the colors should go. She thought of a camouflage design and I thought a hilly layered look. We ended up going with my design. Each box flows together. On top is purple with a dark purple edging, then orange with a dark orange edging, then green with a dark green edging. The darker edging gives the design depth and shape. (The edging was done by Kate the next day while I touched up the colors.) While the kids painted upstairs, I went downstairs to help Jolie out with costumes. I sat there and cut out different sizes for the squirrel tails. After I cut them out, I went back upstairs to help out with the clean up. We cleaned up and I took home the Fizzy Lifting Drink stand.

2 comments:

  1. Why did you take home the Fizzy Lifting Drink stand? I need PHOTOS!
    Sounds like Kate values your ideas and appreciates your work with the kids. The colors for the boxes sound very interesting and fun- perfect for this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took home the stand to find something to give it its pow of color. I wanted some different and unique. Pete mentioned diffraction paper so that it would never look the same to everyone in the audience. Well I went around town looking for some and didn't find any. But at a store I found a book about science experiments for kids. While looking through it, I saw a CD being used to diffract light. I thought perfect. Crush blank CDs and put them on each of the pipes. Or I also found a light diffracting bubble wrap that could work. I brought the ideas up to Jamie and he said no. The CD one was a good idea but the time would be to much into it. So instead I used a metallic silver spray on it. And photos are coming, I have a lot.

    ReplyDelete