Friday, July 20, 2012

July 1st, 10:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.,

I showed up early to paint the Candy Shack. I made a green mixture. It was a dark green olive almost color. After mixing the colors, the main, then one shade darker and lighter, I started to draw on the shack the design I drew up. After I drew it up, Jamie did not like it and told me I should have put a base white color down then paint it. I always thought you wouldn't need a base coat unless you were painting over something or that you were painting with a light color. After lunch, I went back put a base of white paint on it and discussed with Jamie what he in visioned. I drew up a new design and he liked it. I put the main part of the building the original color mixture. Then in the two rectangles in the middle, the color is a shade lighter. There are two rectangles on the bottom half and two on the upper half that go into the top section. Around the edge of the rectangles and the edge of the walls, I blended in the darkest shade. Then I put scuff marks on the building with the dark shade to make it looks run down and beaten up. I did the same effect to the door on the side of the shack. The upper half then would flip down onto the lower half. The inside I painted pink. I made 3 shades of pink with the same design as the outside of the shack. The reason was to make it look like an effect of dull then BAM color. The difference was that the inside had no scuff marks and looked nice and clean. Also, the inside of the shack itself was painted black  because there would be Golden Ticket glass plates that would light up hanging in the open part of the shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment