Thursday, June 21, 2012

Saturday June 9th, 12:30-5:30 p.m.





    I show up to the theater and am given the task of building the gate with very little to no help. I have metal pieces. 10 foot long, metal rods. I am also given a metal bender. I am instructed on how to use it. I start bending the metal to try to get use to this material. I have never worked with this material before, so it was a new experience for me. I was able to get the middle spiral and curves for the center of the gate. I worked on that all day. I started out with measurements and winging the bending. I soon found out that I needed to draw  an outline on paper for the metal to bend to what I drew. That worked easier. After I bent the to middle gate pieces, I drew up what I needed for the rest of the gate. That pretty much was what I did all day. (right pictures).

On the left, is the Bucket House being constructed. Jamie ended up taking one of my multiple designs to work off it to build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment